Pages

Denmark Greencard Appeal Process

In case your Greencard application is being rejected due to whatever case, you can appeal the Immigration Service’s decision to the Ministry for Refugee, Immigration and Integration Affairs. Though, appeals concerning the Immigration Service’s rulings about asylum should be submitted to the Danish Refugee Council. In addition, appeals cannot be submitted concerning the Immigration Service’s decision pursuant to § 42a, section 7, point 1, regarding somewhere to live.

Who can appeal to the ministry?
An overseas national who is covered by the Immigration Service’s ruling can appeal to the Ministry.

In support of the foreign national who is covered by the Immigration Service’s decision, party representatives can appeal concerning the Immigration Service’s decision to the Ministry. The Ministry considers certain professional parties as party representatives, who can plea to the Ministry regarding the Immigration Service’s decision without written power of attorney.

The Ministry also judges the next relatives living in Denmark as party representatives who, in support of the foreign national, can request to the Ministry without written power of attorney. For instance, parents, siblings, children of legal age and a spouse occupant in Denmark can appeal to the Ministry about the Immigration Service’s rulings in habitation permit cases, e.g. cases concerning family reunification.

How is an appeal submitted to the Ministry?
You can send a printed appeal to
The Ministry for Refugee,
Immigration and Integration Affairs,
Holbergsgade 6,
1057 Copenhagen K.

The appeal can also be submitted to the Immigration Service, which then onward the appeal to the Ministry. In cases concerning visas, the appeal is however submitted to the ministry. You can send an appeal by telefax: 33 11 12 39, or by email: inm@inm.dk.

You can submit your appeal by referring personally to the ministry on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.

Things to be included in Appeal:
The appeal must have information about the immigration number of the case or the IVR number and a copy of the Immigration Service’s ruling.

To cut down the case processing time to the extent that likely concerning visa cases in the ministry, documents that are presented relating to an appeal about rejection of visa must be translated to Danish, English, French or German.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have sent appeal on September 1, 2010 and till now I havenot get response from The Ministry for Refugee. How much time it will take on appeal.
rabi

prashanth said...

may i know the format how to appeal please help me if anybody know or send a mail if any body appealed before i will b thankful my mail id yprashanthreddy@yahoo.co.in

Anonymous said...

i appeal but no one responcing. can you help me with that. i appealed on email inm@inm.dk . can you send how to appeal on janak_ofw@yahoo.co.in . My name is janak patel.

Anonymous said...

I want to appeal against the decision as in my case DIS has not given me the bonus points for my education, I am post graduate in commerce, requirement for Accountant is PG. Also I am working in the accountancy field and given the points for "other work". Can someone guide, my email address is kamal_jitsingh@rediffmail.com

Kamal Jit Singh Walia

Anonymous said...

Please guide me about appeal send me format of appeal.appeal shuld be lodged through laywer or we can directly lodge without laywer.we have to sent "power of attorney" form with appeal

Anonymous said...

may i know the format how to appeal please help me if anybody know or send a mail if any body appealed before i will b thankful my mail id murshidul94@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi i am Ahmad from Faisalabad. i applied for denmark green card scheme , after about 6 months i got rejection. now i want to appeal. if anyone can guide me for appeal process?
how much time appeal will take?
Thanks a lot.
AHMAD from Faisalabad

Ameena Seher said...

hi Ahmad will u please let me know that why you got rejection?how much were your total points For green card?

Prinstan said...

Hi,
I am a post graduate in Law (LLM from UK). I applied for green card. I got the application rejected due to need of 100 point. I got 90 point. I got 50 point for my education, but the immigration authority made a wrong decision that no bonus point given to me for branch of study included on the positive list (Legal Counsellor requirement Masters Degree). I like to make a appeal against the decision of the Immigration authority.Can I make a Appeal? Can I know whether there is any time limit for filing and appeal? whether there is any form to file appeal? and how much time will take to get a decision in the appeal?
If someone help me that will be great.
my e id: prinstan@gmail.com.
thanking you
Prinstan

Tanvir Ali said...

i apply for the Denmark Green Card in Dec, 2010 and refuse on 09.01.2012 due to my PGD Computer Science one year diploma. I appeal to the Ministry on 15.01.2012 and still wait for final decision. Anyone can tell me the maximum time it take.
my id is : tanvir_93@hotmail.com and
tanvirstudio93@gmail.com
Tanvir Ali, Lahore, Pakistan.

Post a Comment

Please ask your question in detail so that others will be able to guide you more accurately.
Don't forget to write your name in the end of comments.